interview with an anviation company. Two weeks after that they offered him a full time position working on the cool planes. Of course we jumped at that offer and 3 weeks later here we are...
Movers came in like a whirl wind and packed up all our belongings, even our car. The next day we were on our way to start our newest adventure and chapter in our life.
After traveling all day we finally made to Texas! We hit the ground running, looking for a place to live in Fort Worth. This was frustrating, time consuming, emotional, and way more difficult than I thought it would be. It was hard to look for a place when you dont know the area and the 'area' is really really big! Where are all the nice neighborhoods? The beautiful shopping centers? Well, I guess that is just the California girl in me. I have been spoiled by beautifully kept streets with maintained buildings.
I was starting to get discouraged and feeling like I would have to sacrifice many luxuries because their just weren't many options. BUT one thing Spence and I both felt we could not give up was our safety and if I felt safe in a place alone during the day. That was hard to come by. (This really isn't as bad a place as I am making it out to be, hopefully, I think I was just going through some culture shock. It's not that I lived in Utah too long because I felt safe in Oregon too.) After a few sketchy, a few decent, and a few we didnt even dare get out of our car to look at, we decided to look at a more upscale (...more than we wanted to spend a month) luxury apartment that my Aunt had recomended. WOW! I was like a little girl getting a Barbie Dream House! Spence says I had this innocent gleeful smile on my face, the first one the whole day. It had everything we could ever ask for and more! We had been looking in all the wrong price range! Silly us! This changed our whole strategy. Lets search for Luxury Apartments! We found the creme de la creme of Luxury Living. AND the best part is I talked them down on price to match an offer we got for a smaller place with less amenities!!!BOOYA!!! I'm in heaven!
We move in Tuesday, more pictures to come!
Wow that looks so nice! Good luck with all the new adjustments! Keep us posted!
ReplyDeleteWay to talk your way into a good apartment, Bonnie! I know how you feel about finding the right "area" in Texas. There are some really gorgeous places (like cali!), and some really super scary places. But I'm glad you found a good place in the end :) Have fun moving in and redecorating!
ReplyDeleteWow! That place looks awesome! I'm so happy you found a good place, I understand your frustrations about trying to pick a new place to live in a hurry in a place you don't know. I'm so happy for you guys, keep us updated on how things are going!
ReplyDelete