The New Year is the only time I really take time to think about and write down my goals but after I write them down what happens to that piece of paper and enthusiasm to achieve them???...gone the next day, forgotten like Calculus. Well, in an effort this year, and by advice from my husband, I am telling people about my goals to have a support group and to report my progress to.
...the only goal that is worth reporting is to get back to my 'pre-pregancy weight'. I am almost there but these last few (=10+the holidays) pounds seem to be stubborn. So cheer me on and send me some love!
Weight is such a taboo topic for women. I have been fortunate to have not been so bothered by my weight growing up, although I always felt much bigger than all the other girls my age because I am so much taller and that Viking blood gave me 'sturdy bones'. But I have learned not to compare the great dane to the chihuahua. I am comfortable in my skin and love it. Of course I have things that I wish didn't pooch, fold or bulge but that's how my body is made and I cant change that. BUT I can help how much they pooch, fold and bulge! I really dislike complainers that think they are fat when they aren't, I am not saying I am fat...I am simply just wanting to return to my starting point before I take on the lovely form of a basketball in my front section again soon.
by the way, Spanx are awesome!
OK, WOW, I have re-written this sentence over and over, it is really hard to admit your own weight...please consider my height and 'sturdy bones'...why am I making excuses and defending myself?...ugh, this is hard. I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours. deal? 165
10 years ago
Love your post, made me laugh...the whole viking blood and great dane to chihuahua. love your attitude! you can do it...seriously, if you want to diet a little stricter, I bet you could lose those extra pounds in a little over a month. Love you!
ReplyDeleteJosie